We had the most terrible experience at this hotel. After deciding on splurging to be in a great location in Hallstat, we ended up wasting our money.
1. We decided on this hotel because of location and description said it had parking available. But the parking is the public one on the outskirts of town, where you unload and walk to a bus stop to wait 15 minutes for the town shuttle, who will take you to the hotel.
2. When we got in at around noon, the hotel front desk clerk did not even bother to see if she had any rooms ready. She just told us check-in was at 3pm and we could store our luggage and come back.
3. After being able to check in, we were told that our rooms were in a building close by. But no, it was a good 10 minute walk, on a back street, with a steep set of stairs and no elevator. We refused to stay there, as we had an older person in the group.
4. Upon our refusal, the front desk got us terrible rooms in the main bldg, even though we had paid for superior rooms with lakeview. My room was a room for disabled persons, with a moldy shower (pictures), and a hallway with dirty carpet (pictures). The lake view we had paid for had the town ferry in front, so you could barely see the lake (picture).
5. Hotel has no air conditioning. I cannot imagine a summer day there.
To sum up, this has been the worst value hotel. Facilities and customer service are terrible. You will be better off at any pension in town.