The picture of the outside of this home is deceiving. It looks small and almost ordinary; nothing wrong with that...just stating my observation. This is what we discovered when we arrived:
1. It was located in a quiet neighborhood about 3km from downtown.
2. The home is on a corner, low traffic, easy parking for a rental car.
3. The hosts accommodated us with arriving a bit early and putting our bags in the room so we could travel around seeing the sites.
4. Inside the home is a surprise...lovely architectural detail, beautifully decorated, large rooms, high ceilings. Loved it!
5. Breakfast was over the top with choices, fresh fruit, cheeses, pastries and hot and cold options.
6. Would I recommend the Mt Eden B & B to others? Most definitely!
One thing I have discovered traveling in NZ...there is no air conditioning in the homes. Our visit was during comfortably warm temperatures (shorts/light clothing) but very humid. Our sleeping was very comfortable with windows open. Our room was on the front of the house facing the road and being a Saturday I worried about traffic noise but there is no problem. Very comfortable and quiet sleeping!